Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Beef Enchiladas

Dr. Hooper has a delectable meal which will have your family asking for seconds! Make it and find out!

Prescription #1: Beef Enchiladas.

What you will need:
2 chuck steaks
1 onion (optional)
1 package of seasoning
Soft Corn or flour tortillas
Red or Green Enchilada Sauce
Cheddar Cheese
Toppings (sour cream, lettuce, sliced olives, etc.)

Step 1: First, put the chuck steaks in your crock pot (I found 2 really thick ones for $9.90). Add a packet of taco seasoning, or burrito seasoning, I think they might even have enchilada seasoning, or you could make your own using chili powder, onion powder, cumin, salt, stuff like that. You can learn how to make your own seasoning here. Yum! Add enough water to cover the steaks. I added a whole onion cut in half for lots of flavor. Cook that for 8 hours on LOW or 4 hours on HIGH.


Step 2: After that simmers all day, shred the meat. Remove the onion. Add the meat back to the crockpot on low.


Step 2: Now preheat your oven too 400 degrees and grease a 9" by 13" baking pan and an 8" by 8" and shred two cups of cheddar cheese. 

Step 3: Fill a tortilla with a little meat (I scooped all the meat out of the crockpot with a slotted ladle and into bowl for easy application), cheese, and a tablespoon of sauce. Roll it up and assemble it in the baking pan. Repeat this until your pan is full. Add the remaining sauce and cheese over the top and bake at 400 degrees for about 10 or 15 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly.


I had a really hard time getting the corn tortillas not to break when I was rolling them up. I just accepted the fact after a while and smashed it down after I placed it in the pan, so it ended up more like an enchilada lasagna. My mom told me to use soft corn tortillas, I should've listened! Serve up with your favorite or as is.


Your welcome :)

No comments:

Post a Comment