Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Beef Stroganoff and Roasted Squash

Dr. Hooper here! I have the midweek blues. Yesterday was laundry day and today was grocery shopping day. I also managed to clean out the oven, organize the pantry, and wipe down the cupboards inside and out. It may be midweek to those with who are blessed enough to have a Monday through Friday job, but Mondays and Tuesdays are my weekend. So I guess I have the technically-midweek-but-my-weekend blues. Anyway, Dr. Hooper is going to administer a lethal amount of yuminess tonight. 
Prescription #1: Stroganoff and Roasted Squash

What you'll need: 
1 butternut squash
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp cinnamon

1 lb ground beef
8 oz sour cream
1 can cream of chicken
1 package of noodles
1 tbsp butter
2 cloves garlic


Step 1: Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and cut up your squash into 1 inch cubes. Toss them in the olive oil in a roasting pan. Mix the cinnamon and sugar together and sprinkle half of it on the squash. I added a dash of salt over the top. Put it in the oven for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, stir it up and add the rest of the cinnamon sugar mixture, then bake for 10-20 more minutes. You can just use salt and pepper if you'd like.


Step 2: Brown your ground beef and drain off any fat, and set it aside. Then mince the garlic and sautée it in the butter until tender. 

Step 3: Boil your noodles. I thought I had egg noodles, but I didn't. So i had to use "whacky mac." Once your noodles are cooked, drain them and set them aside. 

Step 4: In a large pot, add the can of cream of chicken + can of water or milk, the sour cream, the garlic, ground beef, and salt and pepper. Mix until combined. Gently stir in the noodles and your done!



No comments:

Post a Comment