Search This Blog

Monday, August 19, 2013

Sticky Chicken

Dr. Hooper here! Today is both a blog and a recipe! Double dose! My daughter starts kindergarden tomorrow, so I asked her what she wanted to eat for her back-to-school dinner. She said she wanted chicken wings and the macaroni and cheese that you buy in a pan and bake in the oven (Stouffer's :)). So we took a trip to the store and bought our ingredients along with some grapes, which kept falling through the holes in the cart because her and her brother were too excited to get home and eat them. Then they got a free cookie from the bakery and rode the penny pony ride and we went home. On the way home, Stephy asked me, "Mom, am I cool?" I said, "Yes, and you're a good friend." She said, "Yeah, and I have quite the moves, like, backflips and hanging off the couch like a bat." When we got home we had to go to her back-to-school night event at her school. It was very crowded (probably about 80 kindergardeners with their families) not mention I had to parallel park. It smelled really bad, too. Everyone had b.o. because it was 100 degrees today. A little boy spilled his pencils everywhere and Stephy ran over to help him pick them up. We dropped off her supplies with her teacher and headed home because the alleged free hotdogs that were mentioned in the school's voicemail were no where to be found. But that's ok, me and Stephy had her special dinner to go home to. I couldn't find the family size macaroni, so I thought if we ate a hotdog we wouldn't eat so much macaroni. Never the less, I put the chicken and Mac in the oven before we left and asked my husband to stir it. My aunt Kay taught me how to cut chicken wings.
Prescription #1: Sticky BBQ chicken

What you'll need:
Whole chicken wings (I used 8, which divides into 8 wings and 8 drums)
BBQ or hot sauce

Take your wing and break the drum and wing joint. Then cut them into 2. Also, cut the tip off the wing if there is one still attached. It is just cartilage. Grease a baking dish, assemble your pieces, and smother them with the sauce. Bake at 375 for 30-40 minutes. 

Happy back to school night, my big baby girl! 

No comments:

Post a Comment