Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Home Made Makeup Brush Cleanser

I have seen a lot of videos on how to make your own brush cleaner. I cannot stress how important it is to clean your brushes, at least a few times a month. I know it's supposed to be once a week, but who really has that kind of time? Even when I was a stay-at-home-mom I didn't even have that kind of time. Instead of using dawn, I decided to try using some of my Neutrogena face wash instead. Here is what you'll need:
1 cup of warm water
1/4 cup of rubbing alcohol
1/2 tbsp of Neutrogena makeup remover and fresh cleansing facewash
1/2 tbsp of baby shampoo
a few spritzes of leave in condition


Mix all of the ingredients gently (don't shake it up) in a measuring cup.


Pour all of the ingredients into a reusable bottle. I used a color applicator bottle. It makes it easy to "inject" the solution into the bristles when you really need to deep clean your brushes.


I take a few paper towels and layer them on the counter. Then I take a brush and wet it under the faucet with warm water, squeeze it out, then take the bottle and start dousing the brush over the paper towel. I swirl it around and keep rinsing and dousing until no more makeup comes off on the paper towel. It may take a few sheets of paper towel to get your big brushes clean, especially your face powder and bronzer ones.


Make sure you squeeze out all the water and that no soap bubbles come out. If they do, just take and inch of clean water in a cup or bowl and swirl your brush around in it until it no longer smells like soap. Make sure you clean your brushes at night so they can dry over night.





No comments:

Post a Comment