Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Health, dreams, and signs from God

I've always believed that God is the great physician. I want to believe that if it's His will for us to die, then we should accept it. For this reason, I don't go to a doctor. I would like to think that I have enough discipline to accept a terminal diagnosis or a ravishing disease. However, I DO believe that God gave us medicine in plants and food.

Which brings me to my next point. I have gone from being stationary (besides doing housework and chasing after my kids) to working one of the most physically demanding jobs I have ever endured. The only thing I can think of that would be harder would be being a tire technician or a construction worker. So, it has started taking a toll on my out-of-shape body. Specifically my legs and feet. I was a very sickly-looking kid, and even now if I don't wear make-up I have the darkest eye circles I have ever seen on a white person. I have always had poor circulation. When I was a kid, I passed out in the lunch line, at the zoo, at church, in the school bathroom, when I was pregnant with Ivy, and I used to always get stomach aches at school in the morning because of my low blood-sugar. All my life my blood has always sat in my legs. It never really gets churned up and circulated, even when I exercise. When I get out of bed in the morning, I get light-headed and I can actually feel my feet and legs filling up with blood. Even when I was 135 pounds, my legs were still pretty thick (and purple).

So, I've noticed this pain in my ankles that won't go away. Yesterday, I finally looked at my feet and saw that my ankles were swelled up and my blood vessels were visible. It really scared me. I soaked in a hot bath for a while, rubbed my ankles, and then laid on the bed. I could clearly see one or two bulges, like the size of grapes, protruding from my ankle. It hurts to walk. I bought some arch support insoles but they just don't feel right.

This morning, I had a dream. I was playing the Legend of Zelda and I went to the map and decided to go to Zora's Domain, but the lake was red. I went anyway, and I was swimming through all these disgusting looking blobs of blood and they had sharp teeth and I was so afraid that I went back to Kokiri Forest. Then, I turned on the TV and all these people were talking about this miracle medicine called senomin. There was a speaker there, whose mother believed so strongly in it, that she named him Senomin. He was Dr. Senomin. His mother was an old, wise looking Asian lady (stereotypical, I know). She looked at me and told me, "Senomin." So I woke up and God made me realize that in the red lake, the red blobs with sharp teeth were blood clots and that I needed to take cinnamon (senomin!). So I looked up health benefits of cinnamon, and PRAISE GOD it's a natural blood thinner! I just have to say thanks to God again.

Another miracle that I forgot to mention involved a clock. After spending 7 months apart, me and my husband went through a few rough patches. We almost didn't make it, which pains me to say. When he finally got to Colorado, and we were unpacking our things, I took out the clock that hung in our old living room and went to set the correct time. However, the time was already set. It was a miracle. I didn't realize it until yesterday, but it was like God paused time for us. I don't even care about those 7 months we were apart. We just continued where we left off. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment