Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Air Filters and Grates

Since I last blogged, we have moved into a new home. My husband got a good job which allows me to be a stay-at-home mom again. My children have their own rooms and I have more wall space than I know what to do with. I don't have enough decor for this place. It looks sad and bare. I am trying to buy one big piece of decor per paycheck so maybe my husband won't even notice... lol. 

Now that I have a lot more time to clean, I can pay attention to the details. For example, the people before us did not know how to maintain a home. I met them briefly and they were young, new parents who seemed more interested in the outside world than their home. The rockline in the backyard was undetectable until my husband sprayed the overgrown grass and weeds. Ah, there's the rockline. Only now, we have to pull all the rocks back, pull out all the dead grass and weeds, and put new liner down.  The toilets are permanently stained with limescale. I think the only way I could save them is to shut the water off and let Bar Keeper's Friend sit on it for 72 hours. 

No exaggeration here when I say I swept up a pound of lint from under the washer and dryer. I'm surprised there was never a fire. You couldn't even see the floor. It take me 3 or 4 hours to clean it. 

Ok enough bickering. This brings me the POINT of my blog post. If you are a stay-home-mom wife and/or mother, you care about the air you breathe because you spend a lot of time there. Check your air filters. When I moved in here, the air filters looked like THIS!!!! We spent almost 30 dollars on new air filters for the house. One was so bad that it was bending when the A/C was one because air couldn't flow through it.


It's also a good idea to clean your air grates. It's more for aesthetic purposes than for health reasons. Just take a green scrubber pad and some 409 and go to town. You will notice the difference, even if no one else does!




No comments:

Post a Comment