Search This Blog

Monday, July 22, 2013

Chicken Fried Steak

Dr. Hooper here. I don't know what your significant other likes, but my man asks for chicken fried steak ALL the time! He loves it so much that he doesn't even save room for any of the side dishes. I can usually find cube steak in 2-packs at my store for around $2-3. I buy 3 packages, for a total of 6 steaks.

Prescription #1: Chicken Fried Steak

What you will need:
4-6 relatively small cube steaks
3 eggs
1 1/2 cups flour
Vegetable Oil (or butter)

Potatoes
Side dish

Step 1: Whip up the eggs, and add your flour to a bowl.


Step 2: Heat up some enough vegetable oil or butter to cover the bottom of a pot over medium heat. Dredge a piece of meat in flour, then egg, then flour again. Then add to the pot. I can usually fit 3 steaks.


Step 3: Cook on each side for about 5-10 minutes, or at least until the juices inside run clear. Make sure to add salt and pepper to each side. Let it rest on a paper towel.


I reheated the mashed potatoes left over from the cornflake chicken recipe and cut up a red bell pepper. I know white gravy is traditionally served with chicken fried steak, but really good meals don't need to be smothered with sauce. That's my personal opinion.


Dr. Hooper says, keep yo man happy and make him his favorite food once in while.

No comments:

Post a Comment